The one thing that you must remember is that just about anyone can prepare a meal, maybe not as fancy as one by a chef, but one that is still delicious. As you learn to become a chef, some of the most important factors include the furnishings you have in the kitchen.
According to the type of commercial kitchen you are in charge of as a chef, there are all types of equipment that you must also know how to use properly and in many cases; if you wish to open your own restaurant then you should learn more about the furnishings needed to run your kitchen smoothly and efficiently.
Examples of Furnishings for the commercial Kitchen
• Cooking equipment – electric countertop, restaurant ranges, gas floor fryers, and electric countertop fryers
• Commercial Ovens – convection, conveyor ovens, impinge ovens, microwaves, and rice cookers
• Food Holding & Warming Equipment – holding cabinets, banquet carts & heated, countertop food warmers, electric steam tables, proofing cabinets, cook and hold ovens or cabinets, and cold food tables
• Refrigeration Equipment – walk in freezers, commercial sandwich or salad, reach in refrigerators, reach in freezers, and undercounter refrigerators
• Commercial Ice machines – air cooled ice machines, water cooled ice machines, undercounter ice machines, and combination ice and water dispensers
• Beverage Equipment – commercial coffee makers or brewers, beer dispensers, granita or slushy machines, and underbar equipment
• Food Display and Merchandising – popcorn equipment, cotton candy machines, vending carts, commercial ice cream freezers, snow cone machines, merchandising refrigeration, display refrigeration, countertop soup kettles, and hot dog equipment.
• Food Preparation – meat processing equipment, commercial blenders, commercial immersion blenders, French fry cutters, food mills, meat slicers, commercial food processors, and commercial mixers
Wallpapers with photographs of food
A really fancy way to decorate your kitchen is with uniquely designed wall murals. Like this wallpaper from Mr Perswall:
Decorative and creative food wallpaper from www.mrperswall.co.uk
There are still many other items you will need if you plan to start your own restaurant as well as learn how to use and clean all the furnishings for a commercial kitchen.